April 24, 2018 Download MP3
Sam can't bear to watch robots fight, Ryan defines the supernatural, and they both press F for MegaBots.
- TV shows around the world
KFC Death CampsClash Bots
- This is Fighting Robots (KoB 1.5)
- Sam can't bear to watch it
- Ryan's life is hollow and meaningless so he watches it anyway
- Intrusive editing
- Feel free to speculate about Sam's taste in vloggers in the comments
- Since recording, a 'VIP' episode has come out featuring better edits of all fights
- Battlebots debuts May 11th!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Robot combat in Hollywood
- Spoilers, duh...
- Big Hero 6
- The scene
- The perfect multibot
- High-level controls?
- Is Batman a Superhero?
- In which Sam expects Ryan to be consistent somehow
- Pacific Rim
- Massive robots fighting monsters
- "Tanks and stuff" - the only logical approach to war, apparently
- "ELBOW ROCKET!!!"
- Crimson Typhoon - the three-armed Jaeger
- Real Steel
- Pretty much out of money and out of ideas
27: The Best Thing You Can Do
March 27, 2018
The future of driving, the future of robot combat, and an examination of our experiences with depression.
March 21, 2018
Sam and Ryan discuss the perfect rocket, the perfect name, and the perfect robot.
25: Am I Weird?
February 28, 2018
Sam asks how to push a button that's a long way away, Ryan searches for the ever elusive drum defenition, and SpaceX take advice from Wile E. Coyote.
24: Live Scene Low-down
February 25, 2018
Sam and Ryan are joined by Gareth Anstee to discuss rules, weight classes, and dreams.
23: Two Dimensional Drum Design
February 11, 2018
As King of Bots continues, Fog of War sneaks back onto our screens, weapon definitions receive vital updates, and the Falcon Heavy goes to Mars.
22: East Wind
January 27, 2018
In this whirlwind tour of King of Bots, Ryan reflects on his anger, Sam learns the true power of omniwheels, and a naming convention is born.
21: Down the Rabid Hole
January 17, 2018
The rules are ignored, Sam learns how hard tech podcasts are, and Ryan laments the state of judge's segments.
20: The Puffin Problem
January 3, 2018
Sam and Ryan discuss SpaceX, Ryan saves Robot Wars, then they surprise everyone by talking about Star Wars.
19: Teaching Millennials How Cruel the World is
December 22, 2017
Robot Wars in LEGO form, the responsibilities of engineers, and the morality of taking presents back from children.