January 24, 2020 Download MP3
As Bugglebots comes to an end, Sam and Ryan consider their future.
- Follow Up
- Daedalus vs Annie JD
- 8 other robots may or may not have been involved
- Cosmin's view on the fight
- Why Daedalus stopped for a few seconds
- Damage done to Annie
- Post-fight and judges' interview
- Damage done to Bourbon
- Competition regulations with judging criteria (from 2013)
- Is this what is being used?
- Is a new version available?
- Buggle Bonus content continues
- L'boro Robot Riot
- Daedalus vs Annie JD
- Bugglebots 2019 - The Grand Final
- An XL episode
- New music
- Thunderchild vs Saw Loser
- Aw jeez
- Pinning - good or bad?
- Good control, bad aggression
- Ramming: good control and aggression
- Sam's judging catch 22
- Communication of the rules, systems, and expectations
- Drivers' briefings?
- Pre-event info packs?
- The Bugglebots pack was focussed on logistical info and tournament format, and very thorough
- Contentious decisions suck for all parties, and we want to see steps taken to minimise them as much as possible
- Splodeyboi vs K2
- Daedalus vs Mini Spinny mk 2
- Arguing about whether Mini Spinny's driving is excellent or upsetting
- Meta note: Ryan had recording issues and samples were dropped in some areas, fortunately we saw the issue coming and took a backup recording which has been used to patch things up.
- Smoll batteries
- Sam's high-quality robot improving service
- Thunderchild vs Splodeyboi vs Mini Spinny mk 2
- Saw Loser vs K2
- An enticing matchup which lived up to expectations
- K2's weapon as an aid to control
- Pit wheel eating
- Thunderchild vs Daedalus
- Cosmin's revised Thunderchild strategy
- A random draw
- Either way there was a potential rematch, just not a rematch from the heat
- Daedalus vs Saw Loser
- Da Grand Final
- Staying away from the pit in a fight against Thunderchild
- A (comparatively) easy decision?
- The perils of being an international competitor
- Post-event comedowns
- The ridiculous amount of effort which goes into Bugglebots
- The near-future for Spinnerproof
- Exiting podcast mode
- Entering roboteer mode
- Building for UWE
- There will be photos. Probably.
- Bugglebots specials will be covered, eventually
67: The REAL Fans
January 16, 2020
Sam is joined by Sisyphus to talk systems.
66: A Hill To Die On
January 11, 2020
Sam and Ryan fight for worst host.
January 1, 2020
Sam and Ryan try to talk about other people while discussing an episode they're in.
64: Underhead Spinner
December 29, 2019
Sam and Ryan avoid repeating old mistakes, but keep making new ones.
63: A Battlebots Way of Thinking
December 18, 2019
Sam and Ryan try to avoid talking about themselves while discussing an episode they weren't in.
62: The Childproof Cap of Removable Links
December 12, 2019
Jokes fall flat and references are missed as Sam and Ryan discuss the new series of Bugglebots.
61: Fluffy Ones That Don't Hurt Each Other
November 28, 2019
Time keeps repeating itself.
60: Disregard the Physical
October 27, 2019
Ryan revolutionises transmitters, Sam revolutionises arenas, and they both revolutionise robot versioning.
October 18, 2019
Ryan makes life difficult, Mike holds a hard line, and Sam doesn't turn up.